Sunday, January 9, 2011

Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies | Cookie Recipes


This is my first experiment of baking oatmeal cookies and it came out so perfectly for a first time.
I kept my fingers crossed until I took out the cookies from the oven. And when I tasted one, I was in heaven. The cookie was really tasty. I was wanting to do oatmeal cookies and googled a bit to arrive at this version.
I used Instant oatmeal packets which I had at home.




Ingredients:
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time - 20 mins
Yields - 18 regular cookies/12 big cookies


Quaker® Instant Oatmeal - Maple & Brown Sugar - 4 (34g) packets (approx 1 1/2 cup, I used Lower sugar variety)
All-Purpose flour/Maida - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup / 1 Stick
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Raisins - 1/4 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp






Method:
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease the cookie sheet lightly. Sift the All-purpose flour, baking soda together with a whisk for 1 min. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand-mixer until creamy. Now mix in the oats, raisins and the flour mixture and mix with hand until a dough is well formed. Divide into 18 small sized balls (or 12 medium sized). Flatten the balls a little and place in the greased cookie sheet with 2 inch space between them. Bake for 15-20 mins or until the corner becomes light brown. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let it cool for 2 mins. Transfer the cookies into a wire rack and let them cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
These cookies were crispy and melted in mouth.





I am sending this to CWF-Oats guest hosted by Priya, brain-child of Kiran.
 
  I am also sending this to Dish Name starts with E hosted by Learning-to-Cook.

7 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal cookies.. yours is looking so delicious. You have a wonderful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy and tempting cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious and healthy cookies..thanks for sending Krithi..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like anything eggless and these look fabulous..beautifully clicked n presented !

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I wanted to know if I could use unsalted butter and how much salt should I add to this recipe?
    Thank you,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovemeheavenly23, I did use unsalted butter and did not add any salt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy dear..pics just inviting me.vl grab ur cookies..wat u say?/

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.